First Option – Is Adoption!
The Pets Haven Foundation recognises that in order to fulfil our obligations to the animals in our care, to our customers and to our community, we must be governed by honourable standards. Therefore, we solemnly pledge to:
- Provide thorough care for the animals entrusted to us, being constantly attentive to their security, safety and well-being, and to place their welfare above all other business considerations.
- Take every opportunity to learn more about our profession and to improve our services
- Promote the importance of desexing and identification measures for all animals
- Deal honestly and fairly with the public, and to avoid misrepresentation of our services
- Respect the confidence of every customer served
- Place customer service and service to the ‘Animal Shelter’ industry above personal gain
- Avoid unfair competitive practices, any slander or defamation of our competitors, and actions or business practices which would result in dishonour upon, or distrust of, competitors
- Support our association, its policies and programs, and to participate as fully as possible in its activities
- Be respectful of, and to cooperate with the other professions and trades which operate within the pet industry, in every way consistent with our other responsibilities and ethics
- Obey all applicable federal, state and local laws governing animal care
- Operate our shelter in such a manner as to reflect honour upon our local community
- Encourage responsible pet ownership, and to promote an increased public awareness and acceptance of humane and noble animal programs